LOOKING FOR A JOYFULLY-TYPE-A
12-16 hours a week, $17 an hour. Shifts are Tuesday 1pm-6pm, Friday 2pm - 6pm, and Sunday from 11:00am-6:00pm to start. Bonus: Free access to any/all learning session in our store and read below for more info on optional apprenticeship career tracks.
Timeline: Apply by January 30th. Interviews begin on February 1st.
Goals -- This role is perfect for someone who:
1. Loves the magic of customer service: Retail experience is required. You will help customers with picking products to help them reach their goals using micro-coaching and micro-consulting techniques. You’ll answer questions, chat about upcoming events in the shop, and offer them an overall enjoyable experience in the space.
2. Is unashamedly a Type-A personality. You’ll be helping us maintain the store in beautiful condition. This includes organizing, tidying, cleaning and overall spiffying up as part of every each shift.
3. Is intrigued about digital marketing and social media management: You will help us post Instagram stories, brainstorm and post hashtags, etc. Basic Instagram knowledge required, but advanced knowledge is a bonus.
4. Loves helping with merchandising and misc projects as needed. Are you quick to learn and consistent with follow through? We want you!
About Us: We’re a unique 1,200 sq foot retail store in the heart of Portland. We merge the psychology of productivity and happiness with beautiful office and home tools. We’re sailor-talkin’, WOC-and-immigrant owned and feminist-rad, so heads up. Learn more about us by check out our IG @1111supply or reading our blog.
- Optional Apprenticeship Program: This position has the option to turn into a career track apprenticeship (with two options: a life coaching track or public speaker/ training track). Totally optional, but pretty rad bonus for those interested in either of these careers.
- Hungry curiosity for the science of goals and happiness: You’re excited to learn about the psychology of productivity and getting to help customers with their questions on this.
- Ownership: You feel strongly about the upkeep of the store and being an amazing, badass brand ambassador for 11:11.
Retail Experience: You understand the world of retail and how to deliver customer service that makes people want to come back again & again.
Social Media: You understand Instagram and are excited to help us with on-brand content.
- Follow through: Once you know your responsibilities, you deliver on each of them proactively, on time and with care.
TO APPLY: No calls, resumes nor cover letters. Instead, apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org the answers to these questions:
1) What previous retail experience do you have?
2) Of the five Required Skills listed above, which two are your strongest? Give specific examples for each of how you have shown these skills in a past position.
3) In your own words -- how would you describe our brand and our store to a friend?