Rehab's Sisters Fundraiser and Supply Drive
Join us Sunday August 12th for our 2nd fundraiser benefitting Rahab's Sisters PLUS a special in-store preview performance at 5pm for Songs from the Shadows, a benefit concert highlighting the collaboration of local song writers + women from Rahab’s Sisters to bring stories of being a women in Portland out of the shadows of physical and sexual exploitation and into the light.
Every Friday, Rahab’s Sisters offers those who identify as women a warm, safe environment with nutritious food, hot coffee, community, and personal hygiene necessities. We come together as volunteers and guests desiring mutual relationships of respect and empathy.
Can't make it on Sunday? You can still help! Drop off any unused travel-sized hygiene products at the shop all next week. Come show your support however you can!
We just received an amazing selection of dated and non-dated planners -- including ones that start August 2018 and run through Dec 2019. Come by on Sunday the 19th to score these.
All planners will be 11% off. One day only!
PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS FOR BUSINESS OWNERS - IN PARTNERSHIP WITH YWORKSHOPS
In order to be happy and productive, business owners need brain-friendly systems for tracking all of their day-to-day information such as meetings, contacts, notes, to-dos, and projects -- and yet for many of us, keeping these things organized and easy to find is stressful and inefficient. Research shows that over time, a disorganized productivity system can lead to cognitive strain (aka slow brain) because time and mental energy are wasted, and everyday tasks become stressful.
So how do you choose the right tool for tracking all these things as a business owner? And which is better: analog (paper and pen) or digital (apps and software)? Our answer: It depends on your work and your brain.
In this very hands-on workshop, Paloma will walk you through:
Taking inventory and organizing the information you need to keep track of
The most helpful types of analog and digital productivity tools for business owners, freelancers and other people who run their own schedules
The best ways to incorporate these tools into a daily system that fits you and your life.
Welcome to our first Deep Dive! Deep Dives are 90 minutes of protected time with an expert coach to strategize and get support on your goals and your specific hurdles, all in a small 8 person group session. Our first Deep Dive will focus on financial goals: Whether it's saving more money, saving for a specific purpose, paying off debt, earning more, or earning the same amount but for different work/different hours. This session is great for all financial goals.
IN 90 MINUTES WE WILL:
- Learn about each participants' goal and hurdles. We keep Deep Dives to just 8 people to ensure everyone gets plenty of time throughout the session.
- Each participant will then receive 10 minutes of focused coachingon their goal. Your coach for this session is Paloma Medina, who will use her expertise in goal science and coaching top performers to help you unpack and get to the root of the hurdle and provide tailored advice and feedback. The magic of Deep Dives is not just access to a coach, but the rare opportunity to witness and learn by watching other goal-getters be coached. We hear again and again from participants how much this is one of the most beneficial components of Deep Dives.
YOU WILL WALK AWAY WITH:
- Greater clarity about your goal and a clear action path forward
- Specific methods and ideas to overcome your hurdles or challenges
- A bit of science and psychology to unpack future challenges on your own
- A feeling of camaraderie and group support from others focused on goals just like yours
THIS DEEP DIVE IS FOR YOU IF:
- You already have a clear financial goal and are ready for protected time to strategize on it
- Or you have a financial goal but you're feeling stuck and would love expert help with it
- You feel comfortable sharing your goal and hurdle with an intimate group of 8 people. Deep Dives are designed to both be safe, facilitated goal sessions but also opportunities to meet others on similar journeys because social support is a significant predictor of goal success. Thus, many Deep Dive participants end up becoming important sources of support for each other years after attending a Deep Dive.
Back by popular demand!
This fast-paced lecture focuses on:
Defining the difference between equity, diversity and inclusion from a neurological, psychological and evolutionary perspective.
Demystifying why humans behave the way they do around racism, sexism, homophobia and other isms. This includes unpacking the intersection of neurology and unconscious biases.
Providing specific and science-backed techniques to be more inclusive and equitable in our own behavior and thoughts.
What this lecture does not include:
There is no forced sharing, or putting people on the spot to represent "their people". This is a fast-paced, fact-based lecture where everyone is encouraged to ask questions but no one is required to talk or share anything personal.
These are not a good fit for folks who prefer 100% seriousness around equity, diversity, and inclusion: We balance seriousness with laughter because laughter is a helpful vehicle towards deeper comprehension and retention.